Yesterday I had the privilege to attend my nieces baptism. I did not realize how much it would affect me until my brother Thomas got into the water with Zoe and started to say the baptismal prayer. I found myself getting teary-eyed as my brother baptized his first child. What a beautiful moment that was to hear his strong voice repeat the words of that prayer for his beautiful daughter. It made me remember my two daughters that have already been baptized and listening to Will repeat that same prayer. I am surrounded by worthy priesthood holders, and at times like that with all our family around us I sit back and think, this is a slice of heaven.
This week will bring a few more changes in my life. Thursday is my 16th wedding anniversary! Will and I were talking last night about all that has happened over the last 16 years. I can remember not being married, but being married to Will seems to be what is always forefront in my mind. I love him so much still and cannot imagine not being with him on a daily basis.
Also this week Bryan turns 8. How the times flies! I remember going out to Thaifoon for my wedding anniversary and then 3 days later giving birth to my first son. He is such and amazing little boy, he loves to laugh and he always says the funniest things. He loves to give hugs, play with my hair, watch documentaries on bugs, dinosaurs, animals, snakes (you get the idea). He wants to be a scientist and travel the word to study all the exotic animals and birds that are out there. I love my little guy!
What a great way to spend your weekend!...and it is too fast! Yikes!
ReplyDelete